C4 Forums | Control4

Any other DDNas Users out there?

I have a DDNAS box, but a few years ago I had a drive failure and screwed up the replacement (my fault, not theirs), so I've now redone it as a vanilla FreeNAS box.

RaidZ2, and have now upgraded all the drives.

That said, I'm not really a FreeNAS expert.

RyanE

15 minutes ago, RyanE said:

I have a DDNAS box, but a few years ago I had a drive failure and screwed up the replacement (my fault, not theirs), so I've now redone it as a vanilla FreeNAS box.

RaidZ2, and have now upgraded all the drives.

That said, I'm not really a FreeNAS expert.

RyanE

Cool. Thanks for that... very useful to know... so where (and how) did you back up your entire volume prior to the rework of the box to Vanilla FreeNAS? Did you upgrade the SuperMicro MB as well? How did you find out what MB? Thanks 

I'm still using the MB from the original DDNAS.

I had backups of most of the data on the DDNAS on other servers in my basement.

I did lose a lot of MythTV captures, and most of my movie rips, which I re-ripped, in higher quality from the original DVDs and Blu-Rays(which I still have).

I had a backup of most of my ripped MP3s, but re-ripped them to FLAC, which Control4 supported by then.

I'm in the process of making an additional NAS backup system with my original drives from the DDNAS, but haven't gotten too far on it as of yet.

RyanE

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.