C4 Forums | Control4

looping announcement while contact is closed???

I have a client that has an alarm system that they want to hook up to control4.  They would like the MRA to play a fire, a CO, and a burg announcement  while each is tripped.  How can i make a sound file play over MRA while the alarm relay is enabled?  not just once but continually while the alarm relay is enabled

I thought about when relay closes play announcement X10 but then it will not stop if the relay is opened. 

any thoughts?

You can use variables and if commands and loops repeat and announcement, it can be quite advanced if you want I can help you do this I’ve don’t it for my clients too. I’ve got a step further and made the lights flash on and off too continuously. Pm me if you want when you’re setting it up and I can help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of announcement I would suggest using stored media for this in other words, just store the file as normal 'music' - you can then programmatically set any room you want to repeat.

If return to previous state is a must, the snapshot driver makes this easy to do anyway.

after taking a step back from what i have been doing and thought about this for a minute I saw the very easy answer. boolean variable based on the contact/alarm relay state and loop the announcement off the variable.  works perfect for what was needed.

Archived