C4 Forums | Control4

Fireplace Relay

I am having a problem with turning on a fireplace. It worked a few weeks ago, although it would not turn on every 5th time or so. But now it will not turn on at all. I get feedback on my 6 button that it is on and it shows on through the remote too. It was on a I/O extender on relay 3, I moved it to 4 just to see if that would work, no go. I did change the connection in the program too.

Could it possible that the relay is bad, or that the fireplace is bad? 

I have a second fireplace that is on the same I/O extender and that one is working just fine. 

Just trying to get this to work now, any help would be great.

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, kmonty2 said:

I am having a problem with turning on a fireplace. It worked a few weeks ago, although it would not turn on every 5th time or so. But now it will not turn on at all. I get feedback on my 6 button that it is on and it shows on through the remote too. It was on a I/O extender on relay 3, I moved it to 4 just to see if that would work, no go. I did change the connection in the program too.

Could it possible that the relay is bad, or that the fireplace is bad? 

I have a second fireplace that is on the same I/O extender and that one is working just fine. 

Just trying to get this to work now, any help would be great.

Thank you.

What type of wire was used to connect the fireplace to the relay?  That could also be the problem

6 minutes ago, twmoonly said:

have you tested it at the fireplace that closing the circuit turns on the fireplace? sounds like a bad connection at the fireplace

Certainly could be that too.   That would be the best place to start.  The most recent problem for me was the wire. 

I had similar problem and it turns out cable I was using for relay was to thin changed it to 16/2 and now it works perfect.  

What are you using for cable run? Also should be on NO at relay I believe.

I am going to the house on Monday, the fireplace guy is coming out to look at the transformer for the fireplace.

The wire is fine as it is 16/2 and the same wire used for the other one on the house that is working fine. Plus when you turn this one on you do not hear a click like you normally do when it kicks on.

Archived