C4 Forums | Control4

Yamaha A-770 Avr max volume stops at 0.0

Hello

Control4 will show on the touchscreen and C4 phone app that the volume is maxed at 100% however that is only 0.0 db on the yahama A-770 AVR with alot more volume to go on this AV receiver.

Can someone tell me where in composer the setting is configured to match the volume to the yamaha AVR?

Hello
Control4 will show on the touchscreen and C4 phone app that the volume is maxed at 100% however that is only 0.0 db on the yahama A-770 AVR with alot more volume to go on this AV receiver.
Can someone tell me where in composer the setting is configured to match the volume to the yamaha AVR?

It’s not in composer check you avr and turn off the max volume limit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not in composer check you avr and turn off the max volume limit

Try that and see if solves.

If it doesnt, there used to be a known issue with the driver but not sure if it got fixed.

You could try to use a driver for a different model and see if helps. Yamaha are pretty good with their discrete codes.

Ok thanks guys. I’ll be trying that in a couple of hours. Also wanted to say that I can turn up the volume using the knob on the Yamaha beyond the 0.0 max that c4 is limited to. 

Well.. I guess that confirms the bug I was referring to.
Try another driver, for example: A720, A740 etc

It might not be the bug from what I remember on a rxa -3070 the volume limit was limited to the remote and any form of control but you could override with volume knob. But do try another driver, could you try ip or rs232?

OK I am now using the Yamaha A-760 IP driver and the volume works beyond the 0.0db now. Thanks for the suggestion on replacing the driver. I was thinking using the previous SDDP discovered Yamaha A-770 driver would work perfectly.

Archived