C4 Forums | Control4

Monoprice Equivolent ?

I have 2 of these and they work great but they are connected to a vera plus controller which is integrated to c4. Also have their motions and multi sensor which I use the light sensor on it for some things as well. It also has temp/humidity but havent played with that at all to see if it can be used

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, C4tune said:

Although the sensor has the same form factor as aoetec it does not join the c4 native z wave network... guess I’ll just get an IO extended and wire each window and door...

Out of curiosity, how much more is it to buy the genuine sensors?  Do you need a large qty?

10 hours ago, C4tune said:

I originally bought to 2x for $60 usd, but I don’t see that amazon listing anymore. I need 15 for my apartment. 

15 is enough to justify putting in an alarm panel and hard wiring.  I don't think you'll ever be able to rely on a diy system as an alarm.  It should be standalone system, but integrate it for access to the sensors for programming.

9 hours ago, C4tune said:

You’re right. I’d love it if I could get a preassembled panel that I could install, but Idk how to program dsc neo. 

It wouldn't hurt to call the local alarm guy for a visit. They're professionals for a reason :)

4 hours ago, dcovach said:

It wouldn't hurt to call the local alarm guy for a visit. They're professionals for a reason :)

Aka my ex-employer who I’m not on good terms with. Does the average disc installer know how to install the ethernet communicator. 

Just now, C4tune said:

Aka my ex-employer who I’m not on good terms with. Does the average disc installer know how to install the ethernet communicator. 

The installer should know how, however, definitely ask first if they're familiar with the modules.  There's two.  IT-230 (serial) and TL-280 (serial or IP).  Not sure which one is the better choice.

6 hours ago, dcovach said:

The installer should know how, however, definitely ask first if they're familiar with the modules.  There's two.  IT-230 (serial) and TL-280 (serial or IP).  Not sure which one is the better choice.

Errr - which would be better would depend on what panels you have, as one (230) is for PowerPC series, while the other (280) is NEO series.

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

Errr - which would be better would depend on what panels you have, as one (230) is for PowerPC series, while the other (280) is NEO series.

Thanks.  I wasn't too sure.  I'm more familiar with the IT-100

10 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Thanks.  I wasn't too sure.  I'm more familiar with the IT-100

Which would be an alternative for the Powerseries (using the older interface, or pay for a 3rd party driver to get the new one) - yes I guess you might know that, more for other readers

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

Which would be an alternative for the Powerseries (using the older interface, or pay for a 3rd party driver to get the new one) - yes I guess you might know that, more for other readers

I've wondered how much better the paid driver for the IT-100 is.  I've read the docs but a looooonnnng time ago.  Obviously I don't use it.

22 hours ago, dcovach said:

I've wondered how much better the paid driver for the IT-100 is.  I've read the docs but a looooonnnng time ago.  Obviously I don't use it.

Well first and foremost, it gives you the new(er) interface, including history overview etc (it's not 'just' looks).

Beyond that, additional capabilities along the lines of user/code programming etc.

I may have to try this out. After updating to 2.10.2, a client of mine (with the native it-100 driver) said there's no history anymore when they check with their c4 app. Not sure what happened there. Will have to investigate.  Does the history clear after a controller reboot?

Archived