C4 Forums | Control4

Temporary announcement privacy

ERDrPC

Question

We have our doorbird trigger a series of announcement, security camera jumps, and touchscreen doorbird call but I want to add in the ability to press a button on a key pad in the master to override the announcement and mute it...ie cancel the audio announcement in the in-ceiling speakers and cancel turning on the TV to the door is camera and cancel the doorbird call to the touchscreen all while letting the same announcement in the other rooms carry on. 

Is there an option built into HE or PRO for this programing? Or do I have to set a variable based on the the keypad button status with two whole announcement scripts...one which includes the master and one that doesn't? 

1 answer to this question

If you are on the latest OS, then yes, there is a driver for this. I think it is called an announcement Yes/No driver and you need one per room that you want to mute. I seem to recall that the driver appeared in Os2.9.0 and had some issues but it certainly has worked perfectly for a few months now (probably from 2.10.0 onwards but certainly since OS2.10.1. Your dealer needs to add one driver per relevant room.

Archived