C4 Forums | Control4

C4 devices not showing in alexa routines

Lee_C4

Hi all, I'm looking into setting up some routines in the alexa app based on actions in my C4 setup but no C4 devices,  in fact there ate NO devices showing at all in the 'device's section of the 'add new routine' in the alexa app. 

Just to clarify that all my C4 devices have been discovered (apart from my KNX switches and Pits, which is a separate matter!) and are listed in the devices section of the app. 

Also, has anyone managed to get alexa to operate your yale C4 door locks? 

Cheers, 

Lee

The Epic Systems Echo driver allows you to create routines and link them to triggers very easily... And control any devices including door locks. Not sure about the native c4 stuff in terms of routines... Havent tried it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

does alexa work with c4 just controlling individual scenes and lights. have you checked customer.control4.com alexa section to make sure all the devices are enabled.

Yes alexa works fine with all my C4 devices individually but i wanted to set up a routine for example when someone enters the front door alexa would say "someone has entered the front door". But the C4 front door lock or any other device doesn't show up in the routines section.  Everything is enabled 👍

9 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

The Epic Systems Echo driver allows you to create routines and link them to triggers very easily... And control any devices including door locks. Not sure about the native c4 stuff in terms of routines... Havent tried it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How do I get hold of the epic systems driver? My dealer? 

21 minutes ago, Lee_C4 said:

Yes alexa works fine with all my C4 devices individually but i wanted to set up a routine for example when someone enters the front door alexa would say "someone has entered the front door". But the C4 front door lock or any other device doesn't show up in the routines section.  Everything is enabled 👍

sounds like something is messed up with alexa. the first thing is delete all of the devices from customer portal. delete and clear the c4 skill from alexa and re add it.

I disabled the C4 skill in alexa, then cleared the cache in the alexa app and uninstalled it, then un-selected everything in the customer portal and saved (I couldn't figure out a way of actually deleting the devices from the alexa section). Then re installed, enabled the skill, re selected the devices the in portal and discovered new device's in the alexa app. 

As previously the devices are all listed under the devices section in alexa but don't show up in the routines-devices section. 

It's starting to do my bonse in to be honest 🤔

Archived