C4 Forums | Control4

Yes - I am cheap.

Taylor quoted me that - $85 labor hour. I asked for a rough estimate - so it was not an official (pdf) quote - he estimated 2 days work (which I don't doubt given all the tagging of wires and moving the equipment). I think it was a far quote (again, assuming you agree with $85 hour being far).

I have always known they are not the cheapest, but their quality and how they stand behind their work has always paid off for me.

I agree, they are good guys. You do have two big racks, so that would be a lot of work.

At the same time, I think you could do it yourself. Most of the wires back there start and end back there. The only thing that runs out of there should be speaker wire, component cable (or cat5 depending oh how they wired it), cat5 to your ethernet devices, and whatever wire they used for your IR. The biggest amount of work I think would be physically moving the racks.

I am no dealer, but for $2,700 I would just do it myself. You're the big risk taker with your TV being out in the snow, this is nothing to a guy like you... :cool:

On the other hand, that $2700 may come with a warranty on the work, and fully tested connections when they're done.

Which might be worth the cost.

RyanE

It would come with a warranty and that could be worth the money in the long run - hell, just trying to spend,spend,spend and get the economy back on the right track :lol:

Archived