C4 Forums | Control4

Yes - I am cheap.

So I want to get a couple bigger TV's, but don't want to add the expensive of getting the dealer involved to update IR codes. If I buy the "same" model, but the next bigger size, will the codes be the same? I can remove and mount the new TV's. What do you think?

Answering your question: Typically, larger units in the same model line will have similar if not the same codes. Edited To Add: But there's no guarantee...

What do I think? I think you'd better be careful hanging the new TVs. If your dealer drops it when installing it, it's his dime. If you drop it when you're installing, it's *your* dime...

:)

RyanE

panamagixxer...it's not rocket science buddy...I think you can handle this. I have two 50" and one 42" plasma...my buddy and I hung all three in under an hour. This will be substantially easier if the part that attaches to the wall is already there as well.

Thanks for all the replies - just bought a hot tub and the TV on the patio is a little small (or I am old and my eyes are going) to mess with "searches" on rhapsody. I was thinking of going up a few inches. We "overrated" (not sure on the terminology) the mount because it was outside. Not going too big (have a 32" out there now) - may go up to a 37 or 42.

panama...I remember seeing that TV outside. I cannot believe that you leave that out there year round with the weather we get here. I would think the cold and the wind would kill that thing. Also, the hot tub steam will probably mess with it, especially when it is cold outside.

How close is the hot tub to the TV? Is the TV almost directly above the hot tub? I remember the TV being mounted fairly high up and in the corner, right?

Here is a picture of it from the showcase subforum: http://www.c4forums.com/postgallery.php?pid=9637&filename=Patio+TV+Resize.bmp

That's crazy if you ask me...I would think the wind combined with the rain/snow/cold would kill that thing dead.

I have been called crazy by many people - but, you are the first today :D

Just been lucky on the cold/hot - again, water (rain/snow) seldom hit it. Sadly, I could always take it down for the winter (just too damn lazy).

Get a weatherresistant tv?

Crap' date=' at the time - a weather resistant tv was $4K - I could buy 4 TV's over 8 years (assuming it dies every 2 years) for that price and I doubt the weather resistant TV would last 8 Years.[/quote']

That's exactly my feeling. Here in Canada a 32" Sunbrite Outdoor TV is $3300. I can buy a new 32" Samsung for $600 (from the same website). Even if you replaced it every year I bet it would be cheaper buying the non-outdoor TV given the deflation in TV prices.

I just kind of have a thing for not using indoor-only products...outdoors. I can't argue about the price, but there's that off chance... and the feeling about electrical safety that you get after being shocked a couple of times on accident.. LOL

My C4 Rep. gave me a quote of $2,700 to move it.

Panamagixxer, you could move those with some help. It would be a fairly serious undertaking, but you could do it.

Plus, building a cabinet to wrap around it would cost half that and you wouldn't gain any floor space.

What am I saying...it's your house so do what you want.

I agree that $2,700 is a serious chunk of change. He must be charging a couple of hundred bucks an hour for his labor. Tom quoted you that?

I certainly wouldn't leave it out in the open totally exposed to elements but where it is somewhat protected I would think you are OK. I have a TV in my pool cabana on an articulating arm that can swing outside the cabana and be viewable from the pool patio. I just used a regular 37" LCD TV. But when not in use it is swung back inside the cabana so it is not really exposed to the elements but it has been rained on a wee bit.

Archived