C4 Forums | Control4

JAP two 4K sources 2 4K displays

wappinghigh

I already run two apple TV's in each room and have 2 4K bu ray players- one in each room

Ok so what do I need for a simple 2x2 JAP set up?

2 rooms 2 (other) sources both HDCP 2.2

Additional sources being a 4k Kodi player ( IP control) and a cable box (IR control via an HC250 in that room) 

One source in one room, one source in the other.

prefer HDMI loop thru 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, wappinghigh said:

Nice! I run cisco switches..And they are available here, so I would probably go Cisco..key would be the programming of that switch, so it wouldn't screw up my network... 

There is software called JAD config you can download from their site (no dealer required 😎😎😎), connect your computer to the switch via serial and it will configure the switch and the input/output devices

9 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

There is software called JAD config you can download from their site (no dealer required 😎😎😎), connect your computer to the switch via serial and it will configure the switch and the input/output devices

Once that is done - say if my Router is set up with a LAN as 192.168.0.x... and the switch is configured 10.100.0.x or whatever, is there any other programming or changes required to be made in the set up of the router ? thanks!

You have: Room 1: Apple TV

Bluray

Kodi Player

Room 2:

Apple TV

Blueray

Cable box

Your sources for JAP are cable box and Kodi player? Correct?

Actually I’ve changed the config a bit due to cat5 availability.  

It’s going to be

Room 1

Apple TV

Blu-ray

Kodi box

Cable box

2x JAP transmitters

HDMI signal to TV via loop thru

Room 2

Apple TV

Blu-ray

HDMI to TV via Jap receiver

Room 3

HDMI to TV via Jap receiver.

Make sense?

I get an extra room that way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I know you don't care about keeping sources in sync across zones... given these sources it would be less expensive for you in your specified setup to deploy two more cable boxes and two more Kodi appliances.

I know you are anti-establishment and anti lock in etc-anti...

If you have changed your mind and you really want to distribute 4k consider this option:

• Kodi at the TV's
  • commodity 4k encoders at your sources

Commodity 4k encoders can expose their content using endpoints you can consume from Kodi. About $400 usd for a 4k encoder. No licenses.

10 hours ago, wappinghigh said:

Once that is done - say if my Router is set up with a LAN as 192.168.0.x... and the switch is configured 10.100.0.x or whatever, is there any other programming or changes required to be made in the set up of the router ? thanks!

You have to configure a static route in your router to allow control4 to control the switch and the Jap endpoints if you use the IP driver which I recommend, if you use the serial driver you won't need it. I believe they have an article on their website that shows how to set up the static route and I've done it on a few different types of routers and even Best Buy consumer-grade Netgear and it worked fine

What happens if Control4 goes down? Can you switch things from a JAP app or The JapConfig program?

Also the transmitters with HDMI loopthru. They still have HDCP2.2 - exact same signal out as was going in? As if the JAP transmitter wasn’t even there are at all?

W.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived