C4 Forums | Control4

Where did 'emergency heat' go?

I had a few wierd things happen on the upgrade to 1.7.2.

It added a bunch of new announcements that have to do with my power consumption and utility company, and then it changed some of my announcements to play those files! After the upgrade when my back gate was opened it made an announcment that said somethign about my utility company requesting we go on maximum energy conservation mode to help limit power usage! WTF?

PQA tried this, and they see Emergency Heat on their displays. I would try refreshing Navigators from ComposerHE, and then rebooting the touchpanels, to see if they'll re-get the info on the Thermostats.

RyanE

OK, i refeshed the nav's in HE

then I reset the MTS

still no 'emer heat'

then I reset the hc-300

still not there.

It would never show up on 4sight, which isnt a big deal as long as you dont change the setting, because you couldn't go back to emer heat.

It also does not show up on iPhone interface but I have email ControlUI with my problem and photos of what my MTS use to show.

PQA tried this, and they see Emergency Heat on their displays. I would try refreshing Navigators from ComposerHE, and then rebooting the touchpanels, to see if they'll re-get the info on the Thermostats.

RyanE

Ryan

who/what is PQA?

thanks

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if 1.8/2.0 will bring back 'emergency heat' back to the system? After spending $50k+ on a home automation system, I feel that I should that if I want to switch my system to emergency heat, I don't need to walk upstairs to the t-stat and manually change it. It worked fine when it was installed, but after 1.72 it no longer works.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone heard if emergency heat will come back with 2.0?

My dealer talked with some one from C4 and they told him, very rudely, 'NO' and it was never there in the first place.

I can switch to it with my LCD keypads, but if those go away with 2.0, I am screwed!

This picture was even sent to them:

Has anyone heard if emergency heat will come back with 2.0?

My dealer talked with some one from C4 and they told him, very rudely, 'NO' and it was never there in the first place.

I can switch to it with my LCD keypads, but if those go away with 2.0, I am screwed!

This picture was even sent to them:

??? Just curious why do you that?

• 4 months later...

As far as my original post of 'Where did 'emergency heat' go?' I have have not gotten an answer. Control4 is saying it was never there, even though I have a picture of it on my MTS. I am able to access it with my 10btn LCD's.

Does anyone know if it is there in 1.8 or will be back in 2.0?

Thanks

Is it missing from your remote too? I just checked and I can access emergency heat from the remote following this path:

List --> Comfort --> Thermostat --> Mode --> Emergency Heat

But it doesn't show up on Navigator and I don't have any touch screens in my system to verify.

I still can access it from the v2 remotes (the few that I have now), but it is not on the 250's.

The problem is that with 2.0, I eventually will replace all v2 remotes, and move my current MTS's to the location of the 10 btn LCD's and put either the 7"IW or the new 5"(?!?!) in its place.

Then I will only be able to access 'em. heat' for the actual t-stat. Kind of defeats one of the purposes of C4.

I still can access it from the v2 remotes (the few that I have now), but it is not on the 250's.

When I said "remote" I should have been more specific. I can access Emergency Heat from my SR-250 following the path I described above. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm on 1.7.4.36 So, it seems like it is possible, just not sure why it won't show up on yours?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived