C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Thermostat Owners... would you do it again?

After seeing that AMX stat in the other thread, even if they do work well, flash factor is very low. Very un-C4 if you ask me. Not that C4 is flashy but at least give the damn thing a well-lit screen.

That is exactly why that is one component I left out. That, and I heard they don't work very well.

I put 2 in my house last night and while I'd like a better looking setup, they seem to work as well as the $100+ honeywell's they are replacing. The backlit screen is easy to ready and they installed without a hitch.

That is exactly why that is one component I left out. That, and I heard they don't work very well.

I'm starting to think they are a bit off on temperature. One of mine is off by what looks to be 3 or 4 degrees. Is there a calibration adjustment for these?

• 1 month later...
It sounds like you are indeed using powerstealing and not a dedicated common wire. Powerstealing can cause some erratic behavior on certian HVAC units. Here's a link to some information that I came across in a search of these forums.

http://www.jesh.com/powersteal.pdf

You many want to see if it is possible to get a dedicateed common to power your thermostat and see if that fixes the issues you're having.

does anyone have this PDF? I can't download it from the link. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the thermostats. I've had the version one thermostat now in 3 apartments. The first two it worked flawlessly, just a few calibrations and it was good. Now into my thrid apartment, I had to disable the power stealing and run a common wire. I love the fact that I dont have to adjust my thermostat at all, its got a mind of its own, so to say!

Archived