C4 Forums | Control4

Can you help me get started programmng keypad button with HE?

I'm trying to get started learning how to use HE. Hoping someone might be able to help me get started. I'd like to program one of my keypad buttons to turn on my system, turn on lights in the room, and launch the C4 home screen.

Can anyone offer some instructions to get me started?

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Drake0508 said:

I’m just starting to program my keypad. I’ve done fine with everything except making all of my Sonos play. What have you done so far?

Pretty much nothing. I can't quite figure out where to begin. 😀

I would start by making a scene in the macro agent. On the left side, choose agent and pick macro. Name the macro whatever you want. Once you’re done, click over to programming on the left and choose the macro you just named. On the right hand side, start adding in all of the actions you want to happen when that macro is activated. Then you will choose the keypad in the left column under programming and assign a button to run that macro when it is pressed. 

On 4/3/2019 at 6:48 PM, thegreatheed said:

No.

Go to the room actions. Send the Control4 command.

That's it.

That won't do the lighting, just the AV. For the lighting you need to either make a scene, then trigger it with programming, or select the individual circuits and turn them on.

OP - have you tried looking through the HE User Guide? https://www.control4.com/docs/product/composer-he/user-guide/english/revision/P/composer-he-user-guide-rev-p.pdf

Archived