C4 Forums | Control4

Advice on Becoming C4 Dealer

Hi All - I hope this is an appropriate message to post here. I'm looking to become a certified Control4 dealer, and was wondering what advice and feedback those who have gone through the process might offer. My goal as an HA provider is to offer solutions that are relatively low cost but still very usable and reliable.

I'd much appreciate any thoughts about:

- Control4 as a technology provider

- strengths/weaknesses about the Control4 product line and architecture (compared to, say HAI, Colorado VNet, Lilfe|Ware, et al)

- what the experience is like becoming a certified dealer

- anything else good to bear in mind given my goal

Many thanks!

C4LG,

Welcome to the club!! IMO, you've made a great decision. Easiest thing to do is go to control4.com and click on the link to become a dealer. The rep for your area should contact you within a week, I would say.

As for reliability/quality, all is solid. I became a dealer in the beginning of 06'. After the required training, I didn't attempt to sell the product for at least 5-6 months. I tinkered and toyed with the product to find its weaknesses and strong points. I would suggest doing the same thing. Quality is 100x better than it was then, but you should learn for yourself.

Have fun SLC, if you go!!

SLC is great, I recommend it. Training was fun for me, even though I dont own a company and just work for one.

I also recommend really studying computer networking, making sure you have a good understanding of the do's and do not's of dhcp, static ip, subnets, ping, etc etc. as a lot of your frustrations can be avoided with a solid network footprint.

I can't compare to the other offerings as I dont have first hand experience with them and dont know their strengths and weaknesses.

Bring pen and paper to take good notes, take advantage of all the training resources available, ask questions! either in class or here or on the dealer forums.

Good luck!

Archived