C4 Forums | Control4

Denon HEOS soundbar + C4 Remote Volume Stopped Working

Looking for some direction before potentially going to dealer. 

In our living room we have an EA1 controlling Samsung 4K tv, 4K AppleTV, Cox Cable box, and Denon HEOS soundbar. Soundbar Connect via optical. 

Whenever we select WATCH and CABLE everything turns on fine with volume preset to zero each time. 

However, we woke up this morning and all of a sudden it seems like the HEOS soundbar and C4 aren’t communicating. Remote and C4 iOS app won’t change volume through the HEOS anymore. What’s also strange is when we now hit WATCH and CABLE everything still turns on but the HEOS is now preset to 18 level volume. Just can’t actually control it via C4.

The HEOS app works fine to change volume and the C4 remote works fine for everything else. 

Only thing I did recently was plug in an IR emitter to the EA1 and placed on front of AppleTV. Point being the AppleTV is being controlled via Ethernet and the current version I’m on doesn’t wake it often. I was hoping the IR might fix that as it does for my upstairs AppleTV. 

I also noticed last night my Denon HEOS iOS app updated so I wonder if they updated some code which caused this volume error when integrated in C4. 

Anyone have thoughts or troubleshooting? I’ve reset apps, unplugged EA1, etc and still doing the same thing. 

Thanks in advance. 

On 4/18/2019 at 6:03 PM, jebt2921 said:

Bueller Bueller? Any suggestions?

This is a known problem due to the HEOS update 1.505.130

If you have Composer HE.

1.  In the ACTIONS tab of the Heos Network driver, click DISCOVER HEOS SPEAKERS. 

2.  In the HEOS Player driver, reselect the HEOS device from the "Player Assignment" dropdown.

Archived