C4 Forums | Control4

Error Activating HC300

mhoner

I just tried to activate a brand new HC300 and get the following error mesage

"Error Activating controller: GenerateCert Failure. GenerateCert failed. Connections for Director are still being established. Try again later."

I have checked check IP config on the HC300 and everything looks fine. I have traced the connection from my firewall and I don't even see the HC300 trying to talk. I get a similar error when trying to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7.2. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I have tried this process on two different internet connections at two different locations so I suspect the HC300 as the problem.

Thanks,

Mark

• 11 months later...

• 8 months later...

I am trying to register my HC300 and am receiveing this error message

"Error Activating controller: GenerateCert Failure. GenerateCert failed. Connections for Director are still being established. Try again later."

after clicking register. I have turned my firewall off, tried it from two different PC's and rebooted the controller. Any idea's?

thanks.

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

You mean, other than the several suggestions above?

:)

If you get this issue, it typically means you're trying to update a controller that doesn't have a project on the controller with the controller identified in it, which the solution for is above: Add a controller to the project, identify the controller using the 'identify' button, possibly reboot the controller.

RyanE

Archived