C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung frame tv uk

hi guys

i have a couple of these going in next few weeks.

Not used them before - can we use Ip control in the Uk with them or is it just IR? Found old info regarding this but wondered if anything has changed in 2019?

How well does the driver work over IR if that's the case?

Any hints and tips if needed would be appreciated.

cheers

Andy

There was no difference in the driver, the difference was in the firmware of the TV. EU firmware did not give you an option within the TV menus to enable IP control unlike NA despite picking up in SSDP. Unfortunately I've not installed one recently to know if this is has since changed, but if what C4lona is saying is correct then it would appear it has. My previous setups required 232 control (for normal TV control) with IR for the art mode, along with custom programming. 

hi thanks guys for the response.

if it turns out that i can't do ip - did you use the same driver for IR?

Can i ask what custom programming you did to enter art mode / and is the IR bug placed on the TV rather than the One Connect box?

regards

andy

I was also planning to get one of these TVs in the U.K. in the next few weeks but I also know someone else with one - is there a setting option I can get them to check which would answer the question regarding whether IP control is available?

• 4 weeks later...

I have  3 2019 frame tv models in a job currently and have issues with the 2019 models.

Issue:

I can put the tv into "Art Mode"(without App) but the tvs will not turn back to "TV" (Out of art mode) when selecting the source :(

when watching lua and selecting room off (Art Mode) you see it sent and confirmed, followed by a string of errors.

Yet i still have Full Off control and volume/Mute etc.

[----> DEV ]: https://***.***.*.*:1515 id: 2618, method: artModeControl, jsonrpc: 2.0, params: {artMode: artModeOn, AccessToken: [ACCESS TOKEN]}
[ DEV <----]: 200 {"error":{"code":-32003,"data":"Invalid operation","message":"Server error"},"id":"2618","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

* have replaced acutal IP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.