C4 Forums | Control4

IR Out - Mono or Stereo

Hello,

I have tried plugging a stereo male to male jack lead into the IR ports on the HC300 but there is no IR tramsmission. Please can you telll me if the IR out only works with mono jacks so that I can at least rule out any actual problem with the lead?

Thanks all.

By doing this, your dealer should modify/ensure the driver you are using is setup to use "IR - Directly Connected with a Wire", whether or not the carrier signal should be turned off in your application, or change the steady state signal from 0v to +5 volts (rare but possible depending on what you're doing with it).

Thanks codeman, the driver is an IR driver to a television. When I plug in a mono IR bud the IR is working (the bud is flashing when I use the remote). When I plug in the Stereo jack extension lead and then plug the bud into the end of the extension lead the IR no longer works. Which is why I am wondering if the IR out only works on mono plugs. Or if anyody else is using stereo jacks successfully out of the HC300.

Thanks Lippavisual, that's what I suspected but wasn't sure if it was the cable.

Codeman, I am intrigued ""...whether or not the carrier signal should be turned off in your application, or change the steady state signal from 0v to +5 volts ". I wasn't aware this could be done, where would a dealer do this?

Archived