C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat

The only 3rd-party thermostat currently is the Aprilaire thermostats.

If the thermostat you want to use has a serial or ethernet interface, a driver may be written for it (depending on the protocol support), but it's a lot more work than just adding the driver.

RyanE

Just writing the driver. Writing a DriverWorks driver consists of both learning Lua and more difficult and important, learning Control4's Driver SDK architecture.

It's not terribly difficult, but is an order of magnitude more difficult than installing an existing Control4 driver.

RyanE

• 1 month later...

I've had the Control4 system for some time now, I just moved into my new apartment a few months back. When I re-installed my thermostat, it was only clicking on and off the fan. So after some research I ran the common wire, it works good so far. But my memory is failing me when it comes to leaving the setting on auto or cool ( I live in FL, so Heat is not an option! lol). Also, I have the schedule set for 75 degrees from 10am-10pm and 70 degrees from 10pm-10am. Say I were to deviate from this and physically change the temp, the hold for 2hrs comes on. But if I were to take the hold off, wouldn't the temp automatically change back to the 75 or 70 degree? I know these are basic questions, but its been a while since I've worked on my own system. Everyone else has me working on theirs! LOL

Thanks!

Figured it out!!!

The scheduler was al messed up, I programmed one day and hit "all days" but that did not execute correctly. Once I figured that out, its working like a charm again!

:o)

Archived