C4 Forums | Control4

How would you use Announcements

I notice a few second delay, sometimes it is quicker than others. I use a few HC300's and a media controller. I have 8 zones of audio, I haven't noticed that they are out of sync, but I don't play them loud enough to where I can hear a bunch of zones at once unless I happened to be in one or two areas of the house. From what I can tell they're all in sync.

Titus - with regard to your question I think that depends on your setup. I have my house setup with in ceiling speakers that are didicated exclusively to distribued audio. This way I can be watching TV and have an announcement go off without ever disrupting the audio from the TV, unless I want it to at which point I would program that in. As far as the announcement sharing what video sources are in use, there is a thread on that here. It actually wasn't my idea, I just implemented it. You can find that thread here. If you need any more help with it feel free to shoot me an email. There are several ways to accomplish this, but it is time consuming no matter which route you take.

I've got a spare channel on my Surround amp (speaker B), and some older speakers that could be hooked up for independant announcements. How much of an additional delay here? Also can you repeat the announcements say every couple of minutes. I'm thinking of a hook up to my cellar door which leaves a gaping hole in the middle of the family room when left open....Thanks for all the help (again)

• 6 months later...
tebery - Im having the same problem with 5 or more zones not being in sync, really irritating but hopefully there is a fix for it, maybe have 2 announcements execute simultaneously?

I am having my hc-1000 installed tomorrow. Hopefully that will help.

Archived