C4 Forums | Control4

Video Wall

Hi,

Does anyone know or have any experience with setting up video walls ? i.e. 4 TVs altogether with either 4 separate feeds simultaneously (easy with a matrix switch) or combining all 4 images on the TVs to one large image?

The 10" touchscreen can control it, but I believe it is the former not the latter. Can anyone confirm or advise on this.

Thanks.

I have done this with seperate feeds, but never attempted to combine all 4 TV's to make one large image. I think that requires additional hardware....

All the video wall does is essentially create a bunch of fake rooms for each TV, so that way you can control them seperately.

^Why? Panasonic Hospitality panels can do this out of the box. I'm answering to the one big picture question.

"residential" tv's dont have the feature built-in, and otherwise you'd need an external device to divide the signal over 4 tvs. That's my understanding anyway, and guess as to why it was said you need special hardware.

A Panasonic Hospitality panel *is* special hardware...

:)

RyanE

So you either buy that tv, or get another piece of equipment to do that task so you can use other tv's. You cant say that every video wall is being installed with Panasonic Hospitality tv's...are they?

• 2 weeks later...

We've done this in our office. It's actually not "that complicated". Most panasonic commercial displays as well as others like samsung have the video wall capability.

You need to feed it from a matrix switch, and the way to make them all display a large image is basically feed them the same image and then enable the wall mode, by setting the quadrant of each display.

We made a really good serial driver for the screens so you can toggle between one large image, 4 separate images, or 4 identical images. Works great.

Dan

^Thank you for backing me up on the Panasonic. It is not as special as some think- I bought 4 TH50s for $1200 each and they were in a wall system for two years. You really should be selecting a panel with a very narrow frame. The Pany was designed with this in mind and that is why the controls are where they are. It is a commercial app. panel.

Sure you can use anything you want but why not select a panel with this function in mind rather than saying, gee, now I want to buy three more and make a wall...

Archived