C4 Forums | Control4

PELLA INSYNCTIVE SENSORS

Good morning,

I'm building a new home and have pretty much decided on the Pella Architect windows throughout. I notice that they have an option for a built in sensor on whichever windows I want. There are two options, prep window for the sensor, or to have the window prepped and the sensor installed by Pella. Does anyone have any knowledge of these sensors and how this would work with security system and C4? Any input would help. Thanks

I had Andersen Veri-lock sensors installed in all of the windows throughout my new house build. They are similar to Pella Insynctive. Verilock doesn't require a special hub. Andersen Verilocks uses the Honeywell security sensor protocol. Elk has a Honeywell module that works with the sensors; the Elk M1 security system provides the C4 integration.

What I like about Veri-lock is that it notifies if the window/patio door is lock/unlocked and if it's open or closed. Locked or not is great for security, open/closed is great for automating HVAC (no need to run AC if windows are open.)

As far as it being worth it, I'm not so sure. It was close to $3k to have the sensors added to all of the windows. I'm not sure I'll ever get that much value out of them. I had to make the decision in early in the house build process, and I did it "just in case" because it would be even more expensive to retrofit. If security and being eco-friendly are extremely important to you, go for it. Otherwise, there are probably better ways to spend you money.

22 hours ago, WhyPhy said:

I had Andersen Veri-lock sensors installed in all of the windows throughout my new house build. They are similar to Pella Insynctive. Verilock doesn't require a special hub. Andersen Verilocks uses the Honeywell security sensor protocol. Elk has a Honeywell module that works with the sensors; the Elk M1 security system provides the C4 integration.

What I like about Veri-lock is that it notifies if the window/patio door is lock/unlocked and if it's open or closed. Locked or not is great for security, open/closed is great for automating HVAC (no need to run AC if windows are open.)

As far as it being worth it, I'm not so sure. It was close to $3k to have the sensors added to all of the windows. I'm not sure I'll ever get that much value out of them. I had to make the decision in early in the house build process, and I did it "just in case" because it would be even more expensive to retrofit. If security and being eco-friendly are extremely important to you, go for it. Otherwise, there are probably better ways to spend you money.

Thanks. I'm actually going to see what the cost is today. They have an option to "prep" the windows for security or to have them installed by Pella. The prep option is only $10 per window. But then do they just prep it for there own sensor where no other sensor will work? I just dont like seeing visible security sensors on windows and doors. I like the flush mount ones, which usually means you have to bore out the doors and windows. Kinda scary with brand new windows. I'm going to check it out

1 hour ago, rf9000 said:

Thanks. I'm actually going to see what the cost is today. They have an option to "prep" the windows for security or to have them installed by Pella. The prep option is only $10 per window. But then do they just prep it for there own sensor where no other sensor will work? I just dont like seeing visible security sensors on windows and doors. I like the flush mount ones, which usually means you have to bore out the doors and windows. Kinda scary with brand new windows. I'm going to check it out

My alarm guy wouldnt bore out the holes on my new Andersen windows.  He said it would void their warranty.  Just food for thought.  I went with slim wireless contacts - wasnt super happy about it but at that point I had no choice.

2 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

My alarm guy wouldnt bore out the holes on my new Andersen windows.  He said it would void their warranty.  Just food for thought.  I went with slim wireless contacts - wasnt super happy about it but at that point I had no choice.

Yeah, I would just go for the "prep" option, but if they just prep them for their proprietary sensors, that wont work. Knowing Pella, I assume they will want $100 per window to put in their $5 sensor. I'm actually a little surprised that it was only $10 to prep it.

The nice thing about Andersen Veriliock is that the sensors are built into the latches, so no modification is required to the window, and they can be retrofit into existing windows. The downside is that the retrofit is even more expensive vs. factory-install due to having to replace the regular latch with the security sensor latch. Also, the sensors are only compatible with certain product lines (Andersen E-series, A-series, 400-series.) I had to upgrade a few 100/200-series windows to a higher series to get sensor compatibility (but also got a better quality windows.)

My Pella rep just informed me that they will install the sensors in the windows from the factory for $60 per window. Do you guys think this is worth it to have done? It would just be on all the functioning windows that open. Then I have to buy a bridge for about $300

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.