C4 Forums | Control4

Ademco 4232CBM Install

Nehsmit

Hey all,

I need help installing this technically. I did order the 4232CBM today. Do I need to order anything else specifically to change it over? New serial adapter? Different cable? etc.? Any help is much appreciated. 

I installed the houselogix module myself but that piece came with the serial port and attached directly to the HC800. This looks like it goes in the alarm box and needs a cable to run to the controller with an adapter.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Ugh. These things suck to install. You will be wiring your own cable as the CBM side is a terminal block. The pins in question are 2,3,5 on a db9. If you think the cable is the issue you can swap 2/3, You can't fry either side with serial voltage so don;t be afraid to experiment. The other places to get sideways are choosing the correct driver and at the panel. The wrong driver will lock the control bus up on your panel requiring a hard reset of the panel and will never load the zone names. If that happens you have the wrong driver. You can also make a lot of mistakes in the programming of the panel, but you can figure that out if you get the driver right.

Good luck

The install guide for the CBM has it, should have been in the box. You can also ask google. The serial side to the controller is serial and you can swap pins 2/3 (TX/RX) as that will swap the serial from "straight through" to "null modem". When you get that side working and a driver loaded the light pattern will change and the driver will talk to the module. I can't underscore the proper driver enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.