C4 Forums | Control4

"unable to verify the security certificate presented by your controller"

I get this error on my APP (running 2.10.6) only if I am on LTE but not on any WIFI connection (either my home WIFI or any other WIFI) - "unable to verify the security certificate presented by your controller".  

I am running iOS 13 BETA on my iPhone X.  I am thinking this is likely the problem but curious if anyone else has run into this?

IMG_8019.png

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There were some changes that Apple made to how certificates are handled on iOS 13. It's a hand shaking issue between the mobile client and the controller. The certificate being used on the controller as part of this process needs to be updated. If you directly message me the common names of  any of the controllers that are experiencing this behavior I will escalate the issue with our teams to push out new certificates to your controllers.

1 hour ago, DatBear said:

There were some changes that Apple made to how certificates are handled on iOS 13. It's a hand shaking issue between the mobile client and the controller. The certificate being used on the controller as part of this process needs to be updated. If you directly message me the common names of  any of the controllers that are experiencing this behavior I will escalate the issue with our teams to push out new certificates to your controllers.

well my client was having issue with android mobile not apple; moreover, i have tried few devices (apple and android) but nothing was working.

Looks like it is not apple related issue.

16 minutes ago, volsla said:

well my client was having issue with android mobile not apple; moreover, i have tried few devices (apple and android) but nothing was working.

I didn't see any mentions in the post about android and since I am an iOS developer I posted about the issues I knew directly about. However the fact is that a controller certificate change occurred on the controller which both android and iOS utilize for authentication. The android issue could be unrelated to the reported issues in this thread but to I'll forward this issue to the android team to get their opinion

1 hour ago, volsla said:

I just confirmed with the Android team as well. If you are on the latest release of the mobile app and provide me your controller's common name I can forward that to the team to push out an updated cert to your controller. DM me the info.

17 minutes ago, DatBear said:

I've gotten more information on this fix. For anyone else that has this problem.

• Power cycle your controller
  • Unregister your controller, then re-register it. 

This should resolve cert issues between the controller and mobile clients (Android/iOS) 

DM me if anyone is having a further issue resolving this.

• 3 months later...
On 3/5/2020 at 3:45 PM, DatBear said:

I've gotten more information on this fix. For anyone else that has this problem.

• Power cycle your controller
  • Unregister your controller, then re-register it. 

This should resolve cert issues between the controller and mobile clients (Android/iOS) 

The issue appeared again on my IOS. I will do both options starting with power reset and let you guys know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.