C4 Forums | Control4

WHA and Passive Speakers

Time2Jet

For those of you that know my setup, I have a separate home theater setup in my LR/Media Room that seems to be working fine.  It actually provides nice sound for A/V and music in the whole center core of my home.

The MBR is currently a Sonos 5.1 setup.

I am installing passive in ceilings in the bathrooms, kitchen, etc.  Approx 4 zones.  

As I have posted recently, although I am not there yet, I am considering ditching Sonos all together, but not because I don't like the sound, more for the sake of C4 integration.

I will be installing these new in-ceilings tomorrow and pulling cable back to my rack room.  Have any thoughts on incorporating these?  I was thinking Sonos Amps, but I don't know if I can control them in C4 (ie add to the app and remotes - maybe keypads).  I know there are Triad Solutions, as well as others. If I am able to grab a remote and play streaming music via the Sonos amps (or Connect), then that will be just fine.

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

the triad solution will give you the best integration.

the sonos will make sure the 5.1 is in snyc with the rest of the house. 

the question is are you going to hardwire speakers in the master to a amp. as that will be the only way to get it in sync with the rest of the house. or just leave it out. or get a connect like i do feed c4 music into it and delay the c4 output. not perfect but it works.

the triad solution will give you the best integration.
the sonos will make sure the 5.1 is in snyc with the rest of the house. 
the question is are you going to hardwire speakers in the master to a amp. as that will be the only way to get it in sync with the rest of the house. or just leave it out. or get a connect like i do feed c4 music into it and delay the c4 output. not perfect but it works.

I wasn’t planning on really touching the master, since I assumed I’d not get any true 5.1 profiles. But then again, how am really getting them now? It’s Denon extending TiVo and Roku via zone 2 to the room. So I’m not sure where the DSP is happening. I always assumed the TiVo embedded profiles were somehow getting processed so it’d know which speakers to fire, with how many dB’s comparatively and when.

That’s why I figured I’d leave it alone and thought the connects or amps to the passives would sync those.

If I’m not able to incorporate those, then I won’t do Sonos Amps or Connect for the passives in the other zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.