C4 Forums | Control4

EVA9150 & ComposerME Issue

I’ve seem to hit a glitch trying to add some video files using ComposerME. I recent had a Netgear EVA9150 added to my system, all of my video & audio files are on a 1T NAS. I am able to get some of the DVD & Blu-Ray rips to play fine.

Here is my issue, when trying to add some of the .ISO DVD files or M2TS Blu-Ray rips using ComposerME it doesn’t see the larger files (about 2gigs and up), therefore I cannot select them. I do see all of the smaller files associated with the movie in ME but not most of the main movie files.

I can play the main movie file from the EVA & my PC but I just can’t add it to C4 via ME. I’ve also tried ComposerME from two different PCs with the same results.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

JFR

If you select “New” to add a new digital video file to your Control4 system, manually browsing the file system will not display files larger than 2 GB. In order to add these files to your system, choose to scan for files and select or manually add the extension of the file you are searching for. The files will be added and the filename will be used as the title of the digital video. This is not a problem if your primary controller is an HC-1000.

Thanks for the quick reply Matt!

Last night I tried what you suggested and entered .m2ts under “Scan>Add Files Ending With”. I had about 100 files show up as you said they would but all of them were for the movies that I was already able to enter manually. None of the .m2ts files showed up for the movies that I am having issues with.

I can rip some Blu-Ray movies and add them with out a problem, but about 50% of them I still have the problem mentioned earlier. I even tried renaming the main movie file i.e. changed 0060.m2ts to cars.m2ts to see if that helped but no luck.

This is working on a Media Controller running 1.7.3 and a networked NAS. All movies are located in the same folder.

Thoughts or suggestions?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with about 1/2 of my Blu-rays.

If I log into the controller as root and list the files on the network share i get the following message:

"ls: ./xxxxxxxx.m2ts: Value too large for defined data type"

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what files I can see and which ones get the message above. I have some M2TS files that are over 40GB that show up and some that are under 20GB that do not.

This is all on a Media Controller running 1.7.3.20

Any ideas? Known bug?

- Joe

Archived