C4 Forums | Control4

2N IP Verso on OS3 - Problems

I recently had our C4 upgraded from OS2.10.6 to OS3.1.1 Part of our system contained a 2n IP Verso Door Station. This had worked perfectly. Pressing the call button would ring our touch panels and call out to our mobiles (via 2N cloud subscription service). We could also call from the 2N app on our mobile to the door station and get an audio+video connection - very useful if you didn't answer the call in time.

When we upgraded to OS3, we installed the new 2N driver. All IP Person firmware is up to date. The new driver is supposed to work with C4's IntercomAnywhere app (we have a 4sight subscription). We have discovered various problems:

1. The answering the call we get a picture which then goes off saying "Poor Connection. Continuing with audio. Video will return when the connection improves". The picture then improves for a second or two and the whole thing just keeps repeating. This is the same whether we answer the call on one of our touchscreen panels or on our mobiles. It worked perfectly before we upgraded so I very much doubt it's any sort of hardware problem.
  2. IntercomAnywhere lists the door station (and the touchscreens). However, if I try calling from my mobile to the door station, nothing happens. The app says it is "calling" but nothing happens on the door station. Turning on the C4 driver debug, nothing shows up in the debug window. Eventually the app will come up with "Not Answered".
  3. If I use my old 2N app to call the door station, the door station tried to answer the call however C4 also sees the incoming call to the door station and interferes! The driver debug window shows C4 sending a Call Reject message which then terminates the call from my mobile.

All I want is the functionality I had before upgrading. As a bonus, if I could use the IntercomAnywhere app to do the same as the 2N app then I'd save my 2N subscription. However, with poor picture quality issues and not being able to call the door station the whole thing is very frustrating. 

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues? Are there some magic settings that might help?

Any advice greatly appreciated!!!

Anthony

The video dropping seems to be pretty regular with IA.  Of all the C4 door stations I’ve sold, which isn’t a lot, every single one has this problem.

Still needs some work I’d say.  I see it happening on 1Gb service and 10Gb  backplane.  Network is not the problem.  My guess is the servers are way too underpowered or slow.

Interesting. But it also drops out on the touch-panels in the house. So the picture won't even be going through any cloud servers. This is what is so puzzling. If I use the 2N cloud servers (this is a paid subscription service) then the picture on my mobile is perfect. The signal is still going down the same ethernet cable from the camera into the house and into our Cisco 48 port managed switch before going out over our broadband to the 2N servers. If this works fine, then why does the picture not display properly on the C4 touchscreens in the house?

of course 🙂. I suspect something in the driver or in OS3.1.1 
I'm pretty convinced it cannot be in the network infrastructure as it all worked in OS2.10.6. 
I'm currently dealing with 2N tech people and taking traces that might reveal something.

If anyone has any experience of debugging this issue I'd be very interested.

The other 'oddity'/bug, is that I can no longer make a call from the touch-panel to the 2N unit. It says it is in a state of "ringing' but nothing happens. The driver debug log shows no activity when attempting the call. No idea why this isn't working either 😞 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.