C4 Forums | Control4

DaHua camera Help

rf9000

https://www.poetexas.com/collections/all-products/ports_24-port

Get 3-4 proper spec’d Midspans.  Then you can use any switch.  

most normal PoE switches have a max power draw.  So a typical (again not all) 48 port PoE doesn’t mean all 48 ports are PoE.  The overall switch has a max wattage and once that is used up that’s it

let The Midspan handle your power needs.  They make smaller ones so can get a few 24 port and then 16 port etc.  can span them over a few server racks for flexibility etc 

42 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

most normal PoE switches have a max power draw.  So a typical (again not all) 48 port PoE doesn’t mean all 48 ports are PoE.  The overall switch has a max wattage and once that is used up that’s it

let The Midspan handle your power needs.  They make smaller ones so can get a few 24 port and then 16 port etc.  can span them over a few server racks for flexibility etc 

That is a better idea. Network switches are pretty cheap if you don't have to worry about the POE capabilities. Does using a midspan create any problems with delay or communication?

43 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

Also if I'm looking for 70+ POE ports, can you suggest which midspan(s) exactly you would use and also then which network switch(s) you would use if you were doing a new setup?

9 hours ago, rf9000 said:

Also if I'm looking for 70+ POE ports, can you suggest which midspan(s) exactly you would use and also then which network switch(s) you would use if you were doing a new setup?

Contact that company from the link I posted.  You can send them all the specs of all of your hardware and they will tell you what you need.  Fantastic customer service

No delay issues at all.  I use a 16 port one for my cameras and touch screens.  Works just fine. 

On 2/29/2020 at 11:00 PM, eggzlot said:

Contact that company from the link I posted.  You can send them all the specs of all of your hardware and they will tell you what you need.  Fantastic customer service

No delay issues at all.  I use a 16 port one for my cameras and touch screens.  Works just fine. 

Will do. Man that will be alot of Cat6 terminations!! haha

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.