C4 Forums | Control4

Split Screen on Touchscreens?

rf9000

All,

I want to have a DS2 door station and also an overhead Dahua camera in a covered front door entrance. Does anyone know if when the door bell is rung, can a spilt screen pop up on all the touchscreens showing video from the DS2 and the overhead camera at the same time? 

12 hours ago, Dunamivora said:

That is not possible. DS2 ringing only pulls up the DS2 camera and the touchscreen camera popup only allows one camera to be selected.

Dang. That seems like it should be a fairly easy thing and common event to have happen. Just another simple thing a $600 system can do but my $30,000 C4 system cannot..haha

3 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

You can just use an alternate camera. Some people use a wide angle alternate camera and not use the built in Ds2 camera. 

Ok, should probably sell the DS2 then, huh? Or do I still need that to be able to communicate that the door bell has been rung? Like I said my last post, its crazy that a door to door salesman peddles a system that can easily do this and it actually looks great, whereas the C4 system can't do this and its 20 times the cost. Always been my battle with C4 and sometimes justifying it.

Yeah, I’d love this too. Similar setup. Often times the persons face is hard to make out on the DS2 camera because it’s super bright behind them with the outdoors. The other camera, which above and from the side, can be much more informative in identifying the person(s) and allows me to see most of the 28’ wide porch. 

I’ve toyed around with using the alternate camera, but don’t want the DS2 camera to go to waste. 

5 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

Yeah, I’d love this too. Similar setup. Often times the persons face is hard to make out on the DS2 camera because it’s super bright behind them with the outdoors. The other camera, which above and from the side, can be much more informative in identifying the person(s) and allows me to see most of the 28’ wide porch. 

I’ve toyed around with using the alternate camera, but don’t want the DS2 camera to go to waste. 

Exactly my situation. Many have the same type of setup because many have box cams for when UPS or Fedex drop off. This would be extremely handy to simply have it be split screen when door bell is rung. Is there anyway to accomplish it be having someone write the code for it or something like that? Seems like a simple no brainer since the TS has to draw from the network anyways 

It just isn't a possibility with Intercom Anywhere or a Control4 touchscreen.

One camera at a time on the fullview. The request for splitscreen capabilities would have to be sent directly to Control4.

Control4 would have to code the ability.

5 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

can still use the DS2 camera as another angle from your c4 navigators. Just select the camera that gives you the best angle while communicating.

14 hours ago, rf9000 said:

Dang. That seems like it should be a fairly easy thing and common event to have happen. Just another simple thing a $600 system can do but my $30,000 C4 system cannot..haha

what $600 dollar system does split screen camera intercom?  Even if there is such a thing I doubt it ability to integrate with everything in a home.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.