C4 Forums | Control4

Question about controlling media player or HTPC

Ok I know that there isn't any integrated driver for things like the NMT or a HTPC but I'm considering these over a 9150. My question is how are these controlled through Control4. Can the system be set up so that when Video is selected from the C4 interface that it automatically switches to the on screen interface of the media player and then it is controlled by the C4 remote? I would really love to hear how others are doing this with either a NMT or a HTPC running something like Boxee. I assume the only thing I lose by not going with the 9150 is it won't use the C4 media interface. thanks.

No one knows anything, wait until CEDIA or CES for more info.

I should have made that disclaimer.

That being said, I have heard it will be in the $300 to $400 price range.

Should be nice, but I am not expecting it to be anything too ground breaking.

What I hope for is one with multiple video outs, so you don't need one player for every stream. Control4, you listening? =)

If Control4 does something with speakers, I don't think you can assume that Control4 is going the same route with any other products.

Have you seen any 'existing boxes' that work seamlessly with Control4 yet? I sure haven't.

RyanE

If Control4 does something with speakers, I don't think you can assume that Control4 is going the same route with any other products.

Have you seen any 'existing boxes' that work seamlessly with Control4 yet? I sure haven't.

RyanE

Doesn't the 9150?

The 9150/XBMC/Zatabit platforms are the best offerings at this time, though they are not without their issues. If C4 does come out with a media point, it will have to be very competitive in the playback formats space, and be updated frequently to stay competitive.

The 9150/XBMC/Zatabit platforms are the best offerings at this time, though they are not without their issues. If C4 does come out with a media point, it will have to be very competitive in the playback formats space, and be updated frequently to stay competitive.

The bold part above is what makes me nervous.

Who is bad mouthing it? I, for one, am very excited about this product. I am not bad mouthing it, I am just saying that makes me nervous. I love Control4, but they aren't real "rapid fire" on updates if you know what I mean. They are WAY better then some companies however.

Edit to fix typo =)

Archived