C4 Forums | Control4

Digital Music / My Music / Rhapsody question

I have a system with two HC-300's and a few NAS drives with mp3's and for some reason only one of the HC-300's is showing the Rhapsody and My Music content. I have not bugged my installer about it but I am trying to figure out why only one controller shows the music files or even access to rhapsody while the other does not. Anyone? I thought once it was added to the account all controllers wold have access to Rhapsody.

I'm not sure how it is setup but I had assumed that I would be able to activate the music from either of the controllers....what do I need to ask my installer to update to get both controllers to show my music library and Rhapsody account?

Sounds like a possible connection was missed when configuring the project in Composer.

Second controller has to have a programming connection that mimics the physical connection for the digital music path in that room.

Missed that on the test at Tech I training last week. When the instructor was scoring my test project and checking the connections that were made in Composer and went to the "garage" in navigator, the music icon wasn't even lit/active. Ah Duh !! Lost a point, but that was my only error so I passed. :P

I'm not sure how it is setup but I had assumed that I would be able to activate the music from either of the controllers....what do I need to ask my installer to update to get both controllers to show my music library and Rhapsody account?

Don't you mean "activate the music from any room"?

I have a system with two HC-300's and a few NAS drives with mp3's and for some reason only one of the HC-300's is showing the Rhapsody and My Music content. I have not bugged my installer about it but I am trying to figure out why only one controller shows the music files or even access to rhapsody while the other does not. Anyone? I thought once it was added to the account all controllers wold have access to Rhapsody.

This problem lies in the room properties page in composer. Under the navigator tab, this area allows the programmer to select what drives can be accessed in that room. Sounds like he has only selected all the drives for the room that the working HC-300 is in.

This is not a huge problem to fix. It should take a compentant programmer, 5 min's to fix.

Ctrl4king out!

Archived