C4 Forums | Control4

NEEO Shade Control

Hi all,

I just brought my NEEO remote up from the theater and wanted to try controlling my Lutron Radio RA2 shades with it.  I switched the room to the dining room as a test, and sure enough the shades button showed up, and the two window shades show up with buttons to open/close/stop.  I was thinking these should be sliders instead of 3 discrete buttons, similar to how the shades are controlled from the iPad or iPhone app.  Or like the sliders for lights on the NEEO, which seems to work pretty well.

But even with the buttons, things are not quite right.  First issue is button icons are completely confusing, as the arrows show left/right instead of up/down, which would be intuitive for shades, right?  And then once the shade starts moving (either up or down) the stop button in the middle becomes inactive, and I can't stop the shade from going all the way up or down.  

Maybe something wrong with my setup only?  Anyone else have similar Lutron shades to test this out?  I have not contacted my remote dealer yet, but since the NEEO is normally stuck in my dedicated theater (without any shades) it's not a huge deal right now, but someday I may replace my upstairs remotes with NEEOs.

Thanks,

Dino

Just as a followup, I worked with Dino, and the issue was that the shades were:

• Configured as Open/Close, instead of Up/Down, which accounted for the issue with the wrong icons showing up for the buttons.
  • Lutron shades have a 'ramp time' setting in the driver, that's used to send feedback when the shades "should have" stopped moving (since the lutron doesn't report stopped when going to the end of travel), and it was set to 10 seconds, instead of 30 seconds, which is how long Dino's blinds take to go from top to bottom and vice-versa.

Although Dino would prefer a slider to control the blinds (which is not currently an option on the Neeo), the buttons are at least now working how they're supposed to work.

RyanE

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to report I'm seeing yet another issue with my Lutron Triathlon shades. This time, it's not just an issue with the Neeo, but across all navigators.  And it's possible this problem has always existed, but I'm not sure as perhaps I just never noticed before.  Or maybe got introduced by a recent C4 update? Not sure.

This issue is when using any of the C4 navigators to close any shade to 0% (fully closed), the Lutron system is not seeing the final feedback at 0%, and instead just continues to see the level set to whatever the previous level was set to.  I know that description is hard to follow, but an example would be the shade is sitting at 50%. If I use the slider in the C4 GUI to change to say 10%, the shade moves as expected, and within both C4 and Lutron apps, the level shows correctly at 10%.  But if I then attempt to close the shade all the way to 0% from C4, the shade will in fact close all the way down, but the level of 0% is not being recognized by the Lutron app, and instead still shows the 10% level that was set previously.

This doesn't sound like a huge issue, but in reality it's a pain.  Since Lutron is not seeing them at 0%, if I use my Lutron wall keypads to then open the shades, on the first press nothing happens and instead it then "registers" the 0% level, and the Lutron "closed" feedback LED, and the Lutron app, will both then respond with current 0% status.  We then have to press the keypad button a second time for the shades to actually move up. 

Any thoughts?  Anyone have a similar system to try and report back?  You don't need Lutron keypads, just the Lutron app to check this out.

Thanks,

Dino

That to me sounds like a lutron issue

Are your shades wires or wireless?

If wireless it could be interference...

Do you have a lutron hub?

Have you tried rebooting this?

Could just be a simple issue or too much cache built up in the hub. (A reboot should fix this)

Alternatively, see if there is an software update for the shades, and or hub you might have to speak to your lutron dealer for this

Thanks
M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I just tried rebooting both the Radio RA2 Main Repeater, and also the Connect Bridge and still the same problem.

I’m hoping someone else with Radio RA2 and Sivoia QS Triathlon shades can try this out.  Before Control4 I had a full house RTI control system and this issue was not present.

Next I will try updating the Lutron firmware. 

Updating the Lutron Main Repeater firmware did not fix this. I would be surprised if this were a Lutron issue as Lutron integration with Radio RA2 had been rock solid with me previous RTI system. It’s possible it’s something with my C4 setup, but I’m not sure. I took a look in Composer HE and didn’t see anything out of place. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.