C4 Forums | Control4

HC200 dead?

RSouthern

Hi, looking to see if anyone has had anything similar happen? i found nothing in search for dead HT200.

I left last week and everything was working great. I come back today and the HC200 is unresponsive and it's ethernet link onthe switch is showing it's down.

I pulled power and pluged it back in and all the IR extensions light up solid red the moment the power goes back in. It never does anything more than that. Even the 30 second hold of the link button doesn't do anything, the IR's stay on RED the entire time. Is it dead or did it lose it's ROM/OS? Any way to restore it, or do I have to go out and find a new dealer and hope to do a warranty return (I got it installed and programmed from a Magnolia store but they closed that store and the guys who did the install all disappeared and the other stores that are around don't do C4). It's a 2nd controller in the home automation setup, the master is an HC300, so I still have most functionality for the downstairs theater, but the wife's really frustrated about not being able to do anything with that upstairs TV without having a stack of remotes and having to remember which input is which.

Are these things flaky? Did I just get unlucky? It's less than a year old and it's on a UPS, although there was no power outage while I was gone. I may have to dig out the old (and still functional) Pronto (yuck!) to get through this outage.

-Richard

The LED's on the unit are dark. they look off to me. The LEDs on the IR extenders are on bright, like a signal was being sent.

I remeasured the P/S and it's 1.5x2.5x4", and when I got it, it was the first one to tat store since they had been announced but not yet shipped. Based on both these items, I think it's safe to assume it's the original P/S. How do I RMA it, does it need to go back to a C4 dealer, or can I call C4 directly? Also, since the LEDs are not what you described, is there a possibility that the HC200 is faulty, or should I assume the P/S died and there isn't enough juice to start the HC up correctly?

-Richard

Archived