C4 Forums | Control4

Cannot connect to Director

Got home today and none of my C4 stuff is working... the 7" touchpanels say they cannot connect to the director (HC-1000). The network is fine, I can actually access the media on the local drive of the HC-1000 so it is fully connected to the network and I assume still functioning otherwise that shouldnt be possible. I tried powering it up and down and that did nothing. Anything else I can try before my dealer comes out?

I have powered everything down, then powered back up beginning with the network hardware followed by the HC-1000, didnt work.

I have 4 HC-300s also in the project, I powered all of them off and only powered up the HC-1000, no luck.

Im on 1.7.3.2

Dont know the answer to what controllers are running zigbee... is there a way for me to check? Oh also, most everything is set to static IPs and the HC-1000 is coming up as the correct IP it was assigned, so its not an IP issue.

I dont think so, and everything is connected to APC J15 battery backups. The only thing I did was connect Ooma VOIP to my network the day before, and when I came home from work the next day my internet wasnt working and nothing could connect to my director/controller. I just rebooted the router etc and my network immediately came back up but the director did not.

Hi

We have lots of power outtages every year.

Once in a while and especially when the battery of our 11" wireless panels dies

it says "cannot connect to director...", the reason is that under the "config menu" of every device ( wireless panel / MTS etc. you can add

"directors" via the menu - and in those cases this list is always empt (get somwhow deleted!?).

Adding a new director to the broken devices (you only need the IP of the director) will solve it...

This same thing happened to me last week. Came home one day and nothing works, nothing connects. My HC-200 seems to be bumped off the network and I'm trying to get back into it with no luck. I guess I'll have to get my dealer to come out and look at it too.

Sorry didnt see someone had asked a follow up....

It is fixed. Apparently when there are power surgest or something then occasionally the director can become 'disabled.' My dealer had to telnet in and re-enable it.

I do have the entire system connected to APC J15s, so I dont really understand how that could have happened, but who knows...

Archived