C4 Forums | Control4

Multiple video end points per room

Hi,

This might sound a novice question but I wonder if it is possible to have more than one video endpoints in a room. In order to avoid waiting for warm-up and switching back and forth between OSD and the video source I select, I would like to install an LCD that is permanently on just for the OSD. Besides I have a TV for everyday TV watching while we use a large size screen for watching movies. So I would really need three video endpoints in my living room.

Composer pro offers only one video endpoint per room. I tried to connect the HC300 video out to a different screen than the video endpoint (in composer and in reality) but the OSD menu wouldn't work whenever the room was off and it didn't even show up pressing the C4 button.

Thanks,

You could just a touchscreen or iTouch for the navigator interface.

I think once you've lived with the system for a while, using the nav on screen is second nature, but if you want to be changing lighting scenes or controlling other items while watching something else, a touchpanel will be your best option.

What do people typically do if they have a TV and a drop down projector/screen... create two rooms for that or is there a better way so that you dont have to navigate to a new room to choose your endpoint?

On a related note.. did anyone catch Madden on SNF halftime saying he had a room with NINE 63" tvs?

Edit: Corrected MNF to SNF :) since I am not from the future.

Archived