C4 Forums | Control4

Sony DVD Changer DVP-CX995V HC300

Alt

Hi all New to the forums.

I have a 995 in a system running 1.7.3 on a HC300

It works great but........... When selecting a movie to watch it used to show the "please wait your movie is being selected" screen and then switch over to the dvd when it was ready. (long macro on the 995 to get a movie playing) lately it has been switching instantly to the dvd player and not showing the c4 please wait screen, and you have to watch the ugly sony dvd long macros before the dvd is played. is there a way to get back the selection screen on the control vers. watching the sony onscreen macro selection.

I have wondered how to program the system to display that splash screen as well...I have this same DVD changer and mine has NEVER shown that splash screen for more than one or two seconds.

What I did was created a little movie with family photos and what not, put it on my network storage, and I call up one of the EVA9150's to play that video (which is 58 seconds long) so I see that instead of the sony selection process. It works great. I put a little slide at the start that says something like "While your movie is loading, please enjoy some family photos" or something, and then at the conclusion I have a slide that says something like "Enjoy your movie".

Works well.

That seems like a nice work-a-round you found.... but with out Nas/9150 in the system.... I am hoping some one will enlighten us on a way that splash screen operates

I have asked everyone...even Control4 directly. Nobody can give me an answer as to a way to program that screen to show up.

Kind of silly really, you would think it would just be simple. I can't even really get anyone to acknowledge that screen is there. I guess I am probably asking the wrong people but I've inquired with 4 different C4 employees (not receptionists or accountants, but people that work with the actual gear), and three other dealers.

I haven't been given an answer yet.

Hopefully one of the programmers (RyanE?) hops on here and tells us if it is possible or not. If not, maybe that is a suggestion for a future revision?

I think the reason the screen you're referring to does not show anymore is *because* of the EVA9150 and it's ilk.

It used to be, the only video devices were the DVD changers, that had notoriously long load times. With the new digital players, they start loading the media almost immediately, and because of this, the 'please wait' screen was removed or significantly shortened.

No, there's no way to make it show up for longer, and I suspect it would be rejected as a suggestion.

RyanE

I think the reason the screen you're referring to does not show anymore is *because* of the EVA9150 and it's ilk.

It used to be, the only video devices were the DVD changers, that had notoriously long load times. With the new digital players, they start loading the media almost immediately, and because of this, the 'please wait' screen was removed or significantly shortened.

No, there's no way to make it show up for longer, and I suspect it would be rejected as a suggestion.

RyanE

This seems a step backwards as there are currently many dvd changers installed in control4 systems and there not going anywhere. ..... But in reality how hard would it be to bypass the splash screen when the connect source is a EVA9150 device. It seems unreasonable to stop supporting the splash screen feature for dvd changers, just because of the introduction of the EV9150.... Jm2c

I wonder if the difference is that the 777 is controlled via RS-232? That would allow the 777 to let Control4 know when the movie has actually started to play

The 995 is controlled via IR, so no two way communication.

I'll bet that's the issue.

Archived