C4 Forums | Control4

Issue scanning ISO files

Hi. Not sure where I'm going wrong, but I am trying to scan my ISO video media located on a NAS and it only seems to find about a third of the files. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm getting ready to install an EVA9150, and want to ensure that I'll be able access via C4.

My scan results do not find files that are over 2gig each, I have a Media Controller on SW ver 1.7.3. scanning and playing from a NAS to the 9150.

If your problem is similar I have a work around but it's a little more time consuming than a scan. I think that this will be resolved when I upgrade to the HC500 and SW ver 2.0.

JFR

I think 1.8 fixed the 2.0 gb file size problem. The other fix for that is an HC-1000.

I use AnyDVDHD to archive my DVD's.

I try an ISO this week and let you know how it goes.

Thinking about it though, it may be the 2.0 GB file size limit. With VOB's, there is a bunch of files. With the ISO it is just an image file, and I think that at present (unless you're on 1.8 or have an HC-1000) it doesn't scan files larger than 2 gigs.

Thanks for the replies. First I've heard of the 2gb limit. Can the 9150 read a vob?

Yup...like I said' date=' that's how mine are ripped.[/quote']

I created a couple of VOB's and C4 scanned them perfectly. Thanks for the recommendation! I'm very excited...my eva9150 is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Hi ILoveC4,

I noticed that you said you rip your DVDs using AnyDVD and further on you say that you produce VOB files.

Are the VOB files you produce exactly the same as the VOB files on the original DVD? Or does the rip (using AnyDVD presumably) compress all the VOB files into a single VOB file?

Thanks,

Garry.

The 9150 does do ISO's, the problem is that an ISO ends up being one image file (that is the whole point on an ISO). The reason it is a problem is that Control4 will not scan single files (like an ISO) that are larger than 2.0 GB's, unless you have an HC1000. If you can't get Control4 to recognize them, you can't add them to your library (in Control4). The biggest selling point of the 9150 is that it integrates with the GUI, but only if you can add the files to your C4 project.

I don't recall right now, but that may have been fixed in 1.8? Again, this is only an issue if you don't have an HC1000.

What's interesting about it, is that same client has all his movies in direct .iso rips and he does not have an HC-1000 at this time, running 1.7.3.20 - and it will scan those. So it's hit or miss. But I would recommend both the latest firmware and an HC-1000 as browsing media at his house is getting painfully slow even with a dedicated HC300 (all controllers are hc-300s)

Archived