C4 Forums | Control4

Compatibility with Mcafee Security

I access digital music on my computer through my C4 system. Recently I re-installe Mcaffee security on my computer, and suddenly, when I went to one of my C4 terminals, music had vanished. I played around with the McAfee, disabled Firewall, and the music reappeared. Is there a way to configure MacAfee so they can live together peacefully?

Please help.....

What thecodeman says is true. Plus, McAfee sucks for more reasons than that - it's a huge resource hog.

I spent probably 90 minutes trying to adjust the permissions on McAfee and nothing ever worked. I deleted it (which is no easy task BTW) and installed AVG. I've been happily sharing files ever since (and virus free as well).

Ditch McAfee and get the free version of AVG. That what thecodeman advised me to do (and you as well I guess), and I'm passing on the advice.

Thanks Codeman!

I typically try to avoid 'me too' posts, but this one, seriously... ME TOO!

Deleting McAfee off a machine is always the *first* step I take on a Windows box (friends', mine, etc.), whether they do Control4 or not.

AVG free is your friend.

RyanE

I have a customer that is using appletv that is sinked with his itunes. It was working fine for couple of weeks but now he can not add new music to apple tv, I noticed that he is using McAfee that he got for free with comcast internet service. I tried to reconnect with Itunes but i get some error saying "if you are using Mcafee firewall please open port xxxx"

Is it better to just remove it?

Archived