C4 Forums | Control4

Electric Wall Heater

Dueport

These are the ones we use. They are stocked in a ton of places in Canada so it shouldnt be hard to source.

https://www.ouellet.com/en-ca/products/oac.aspx?cat=/Produits/Produits-COMMERCIAUX/Aeroconvecteurs 

The ouelette wall heaters are infinitely better than the baseboard heaters because they have a fan that actually moves the air. Not the quietest fan though. But it doesn't have to run for very long at all to do its job.

To control such a device from C4, you’ll need to get the ZB-C4 version of your selected thermostat (the TH1123ZB-C4 or TH1500ZB-C4, for example) directly from Sinopé.  There is a free certified driver available in Composer for these.  There are no drivers for the Wi-Fi or retail Zigbee versions of the Sinopé thermostats.

I’m controlling such a wall heater (with fan) using a TH1500ZB-C4.  Works fine.

Thank you both for jumping in on this thread. I never would have found either of these companies. Currently use a portable space heater to supplement the hvac in my home office and would like to add something more integrated into the house and C4 (of course). Thank you for sharing both of these - they might just do the trick! That C4 stat looks very nice!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.