C4 Forums | Control4

Black and Decker Door Locks

swacker69

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly, but can you fire Control4 programming based on a keyfob button or button combination being pressed?

With the Concord 4 panel, you can assign functionality to happen on a keyfob button press. i.e. the 'Lights' button, or the 'Star' button, or the Lights-Star button combo, or the Lights button held down, you can assign Control4 programming on those events natively, without having to set anything up in the panel, other than to learn in the fob.

I don't know of other panels that have fobs that allow you to do that. If you can do it with the Vista panel, you should write up a tutorial on how to do it, including the panel setup.

RyanE

Certainly, but can you fire Control4 programming based on a keyfob button or button combination being pressed?

With the Concord 4 panel, you can assign functionality to happen on a keyfob button press. i.e. the 'Lights' button, or the 'Star' button, or the Lights-Star button combo, or the Lights button held down, you can assign Control4 programming on those events natively, without having to set anything up in the panel, other than to learn in the fob.

I don't know of other panels that have fobs that allow you to do that. If you can do it with the Vista panel, you should write up a tutorial on how to do it, including the panel setup.

RyanE

Ahhh. I see what you're saying now. I'll have to check. I know it has the arm/disarm/garage door/ and a fourth option.

• 4 weeks later...

:( I am less than pleased with the new locks from Kwikset/Black and Decker. First they are only "quickset" with certain locks. My 4 yale door locks which all work with the same key are not listed as compatible. Second when my installer/integrator installed all 4 only 2 worked. He removed the 2 that didn't work and brought back 2 more. The second time was not the charm. He set the dip switch so that it locks after 30 seconds so all 4 are installed but I can only control 2 of them. Finally the 4 locks cleaned out my supply of double A batteries (16 in all).

To start the install I had to pay for the upgrade to the new version 1.8. I do like the new remote (back-lite keys).

So far I've spend over $15,000.00. I have my theater controlled, 2 thermostats, and 5 surveillance cameras that I can see on 3 video screens and 3 computer screens, kitchen and dining room lights and music in 5 rooms.

Anyone have any ideas why 2 work and 2 locks don't? Installer and the folks in Utah are stumped.

:| Thanks to Sean 'The Man" Quigley of Phoenix AVS all my locks work and they are bad azz. He stayed past dinner time talking with the folks from Control4 burning up his blackberry mins. until he got them all working properly. Rebooting the syetem a few times. Making sure the locks knew if the were in a right hand door or a lefty. And Voila. This morning when the accountant came to the door I unlocked it from the desk he was amazed.

Thanks again Sean.

Question on these locks: I know that you can program custom access codes, but I'm assuming these locks can also be unlocked from any Control4 user interface. I'd like to put several on the inside of my house, to keep kids and others out from certain rooms like the theater, my office, a certain closet, etc. But if they can open the lock through any control4 interface, there would be no parental control, defeating the purpose of the lock.

Is there any way to have parental control over these locks? Or are we just hoping for this in 2.0?

You can just not create the relay binding with the lock, and it won't show up on the UI at all.

RyanE

Would it still be integrated into control4, but just not on the user interface? Even if that were the case, its not a solution really.

The $350 price isn't worth it if you don't have the functionality of full integration with control4. Having it show up on the user interface is part of the appeal, it would allow me to open it from upstairs from any interface, check lock/unlock status, etc. I'd just like to composer allow me to set up a parental control, like a simple prompt for a password on the GUI before you are allowed to lock/unlock.

Here's to hoping that 2.0 includes some parental controls over things like locks and movies... It can't be that hard to program.

You could program the system to recognize if it's a kid that opened the lock. And then play an announcement "You're grounded!".

hmmm.... and perhaps a jail cage drops from the ceiling trapping them inside, sort of 1960's era Batman style..... :D

but seriously, with C4 integration and a parental control, I can keep the theater locked up, and then they call me to open it, I could open it from wherever I am...

Archived