C4 Forums | Control4

7” Touch screen stuck on Connecting. Press and hold for configuration.

Jedi

I have a 7” touch screen c4-tsmc7-en-bl that’s stuck on the Connecting. Press and Hold for Configuration, which it will not let me press and hold for configuration or i’d join the network, director and be done. :)     I have also left it wired in the dock as well which does nothing.   I do have an IP when it boots before that screen.   

Any suggestions?

16 minutes ago, BraydonH said:

It could be an IP conflict where its set to static but another device already took that IP address. Try changing to DHCP and see if it fixes things.

I got it up and running using the V1 image updater loaded 2.9.1 and it popped right up.  Now it looks like the sensitizer is not working as it should, so I might be taking this apart.  Anyone got parts for a c4-tsmc7-en-bl?

23 hours ago, Jedi said:

I got it up and running using the V1 image updater loaded 2.9.1 and it popped right up.  Now it looks like the sensitizer is not working as it should, so I might be taking this apart.  Anyone got parts for a c4-tsmc7-en-bl?

These tends to not working because of sensitizer, I have 6 now with same sympotoms, I might one day in life RMA them to C4 if they will take them and fix them, if not ebay them at $70 a piece would be easier ...

1 hour ago, Amr said:

These tends to not working because of sensitizer, I have 6 now with same sympotoms, I might one day in life RMA them to C4 if they will take them and fix them, if not ebay them at $70 a piece would be easier ...

Thanks, i will just keep this one as spare parts for the one that’s working I guess.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.