C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron Homeworks Keypads triggering Control4 action

cnicholson

Hello all.  I bought a bunch of Modern Forms ceiling fans, mostly because they (allegedly) have a supported Control4 driver.   But I have some fans in rooms that only have Lutron keypads.  I want to switch fans on/off via Lutron keypress, presumably by having Control4 being told that a Lutron button was pressed and (based on this) performing an arbitrary action (in this case, toggle fan on/off mode--- hopefully resuming at the last-set fan speed).

To be clear, I'm assuming that power to fan is hardwired to be "hot" all the time, so the Lutron panelized lighting system isn't doing anything-- I just want C4 to "see" the Lutron keypad press and C4 will send (via WiFi and the Modern Forms C4 driver) the (always-powered-on) fan to turn on its motor.  So I think my question is generic, but I'm providing the specific scenario in case relevant.  I hope that all makes sense.

I assumed that there is a trivial solution to this, but my installer is saying maybe not.

Any advice on if this is possible and, assuming so, tips to point installer in right direction.

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.