C4 Forums | Control4

Garage Door Contacts

I currently have a Sentrol Magnetic contact attached to my hc-500. the contact just shows the status, it does not open or close the doors. I am trying to program an announcement to play when the garage door is opened. It does play when the door opens but it also plays when the door closes.

I have the card access garage door sensors and I have noticed something that I can't explain that might be your problem. I haven't added an annoucement to them but I bet I would get the same result you do. When I close my garage doors, I have watched the garage door icon on my iphone and noticed a strange behavior. As the contacts come together the iphone shows the door shut then for a split second it shows it open again and then it goes back to closed. That brief second of showing open again would most likely make your annoucement go off accidently. If you don't have the iphone app turn on a tv or touch screen to the garage door contact screen. Then go close your garage door and run back to your tv or touch screen and watch the icon to see if it does what mine does.

I have the card access garage door sensors and I have noticed something that I can't explain that might be your problem. I haven't added an annoucement to them but I bet I would get the same result you do. When I close my garage doors, I have watched the garage door icon on my iphone and noticed a strange behavior. As the contacts come together the iphone shows the door shut then for a split second it shows it open again and then it goes back to closed. That brief second of showing open again would most likely make your annoucement go off accidently. If you don't have the iphone app turn on a tv or touch screen to the garage door contact screen. Then go close your garage door and run back to your tv or touch screen and watch the icon to see if it does what mine does.

Debounce timer on the contact. We need to modify that, should probably fix that.

I don't have this problem....mine shut, they show they're shut, and they stay that way until I open them again.

Archived