C4 Forums | Control4

House with Full System Installed. Steps to Activate

thblur7

Question

Recently moved into a house with a full control4 system, Touch screens in all the walls, audio integrated 

People before had not used the system for about 2 years.

What are my steps to get the system/account setup for my use?  Figured I'd ask here before calling a dealer blind and getting billed hours, if there might be an easier way.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Could be super easy, could be a nightmare.  Depends on if they left the routers/switches in place so is the IP Scheme all the same.  It depends on if everything was truly left behind, or just some pieces and not everything

even if it is older equipment getting it re-registered (unless its super old and doesnt have a license, but then its like 10+ year old stuff) isnt a big deal if all the pieces are there.

If you are somewhat tech savvy you could sync up with an online dealer here and you are the hands and they can do the work on the back end to get you set up.  if you aren't tech savvy and not sure what is there then a local dealer would be the best bet.

Literally from yesterday:

And finding remote C4 dealers:

https://www.c4forums.com/forum/26-looking-for-an-integrator/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.