C4 Forums | Control4

Have to switch inputs a few times before we get audio on Firestick

Hi,

Our dealer has been trying to get our Denon S960H receiver set up and working with our Amazon Firestick, with everything being integrated into Control4, but we're having a problem.

When using either our cell phone or the SR260 C4 remote and selecting to Watch the Amazon Firestick, there is no audio.  We have to switch to DirecTV and back to the Firestick a few times before the audio works. but the video shows up the first time and always works.

We've tried different HDMI cables and that hasn't helped.

He's stumped and I've been trying to help research it but I am coming up empty-handed, so I thought maybe someone here could help.

Thanks.

Sounds like a problem with the receiver and it’s ability to do an appropriate handshake with the FireTV. Have you made sure both the FireTV and the receiver are on their latest firmware? I saw you tried a different HDMI canle, but have you tried a different HDMI port on the receiver?  Is the FireTV a newer model or an older one. I have had a lot of FireTVs in my system. Like 6-7 at a time. I’ve definitely seen them go bad, but with my experience going bad would me the FireTv would hand from accepting new command repeatedly. 

Hello,

We were able to solve the problem.

The AVR is a new model Denon S960H mid-tier AVR.

The AVR has two monitor outputs.  The first one is 8K capable HDMI 2.1 and the second monitor out is 4K or 1080P I think. 

The HDMI cable that runs to the TV was installed in 2006 when the house was built, so it is quite old and can't easily be replaced.  It's also probably 50' long.

When we switched the HDMI cable to the Monitor 2 output (lower resolution) on the AVR, the problem went away and we're all good now.

It appears as though this had nothing to do with C4 and would have been an issue whether C4 was integrated or not.

Thanks for the support,

--J

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.