C4 Forums | Control4

Shortcut straight to DS2

ILoveC4

With all my kids I have a lot of traffic in and out of the house. My office is near the front of the house, and often times people knock instead of ringing the doorbell. I have a touch panel on my desk, and I want a shortcut single button press to activate an intercom call with the DS2 mini. In my cursory playing around I couldn't figure out how to do this...is it possible? I don't want to have to go in to intercom, then select the front door from the list of devices...I just want a single click.

If anyone can confirm it's not possible, or if it is point me to how to do it, I'd be very appreciative.

Yes, it is possible.  You need to initiate a call from the intercom on your T3/T4 to the DS2.  This is one line of code under the T3/T4 driver (fairly far down in the options on the right hand side of Composer (from memory)).  You can also do the same thing from the DS2 end, but then you may need some additional lines of code to enable auto answer before the call and disable it after the call so not as clean an approach.  

If this does not make sense, let me know and I will try and post a screenshot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.