C4 Forums | Control4

HC250 died during thunderstorm

52 minutes ago, bill said:

My HC250 died during a thunderstorm even though it was on a APC UPS/surge protector.  I have found a new one for sale.  Can I replace it and upload my backup to it or do I need my dealer to do that?

Hc250 is 3 generations behind and won't support OS3. Any have you considered upgrading?

Most modern drivers won't run on os2 anymore either

35 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

Hc250 is 3 generations behind and won't support OS3. Any have you considered upgrading?

Most modern drivers won't run on os2 anymore either

I am considering that as well as I understand OS3 gives homeowners more programming control.  As a retired programmer that is appealing however pretty much everything in the home is set the way that I want it and probably not use it much after the first week.  Also we may be selling the house in the next 6-8 months and was planning to put all the new systems in the new house.  So it comes down to the $80 for the HC250 replacement (plus dealer fee if any)  or the ~ $1600 the dealer quoted (8 months ago)  for the EA3-V2 installed.

You can use Composer Home Edition (if you own it) to restore your project backup onto the new controller.  But you'll need a dealer to do the rest (link new HC250 to the project, register with Control4, update to correct OS that matches your project backup, etc).  I can help you remotely if you need.  PM me if interested.

15 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

You can use Composer Home Edition (if you own it) to restore your project backup onto the new controller.  But you'll need a dealer to do the rest (link new HC250 to the project, register with Control4, update to correct OS that matches your project backup, etc).  I can help you remotely if you need.  PM me if interested.

I do have Composer HE.  Once I get a replacement HC250 I will PM you.  Thanks.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:00 AM, bill said:

That would be great.  I will PM you.  thanks.

I cannot connect to either one using ComposerHE 2.9.1  I can connect via web GUI to both and get the Control4 HC250 password screen.  Does HE require something special in the Address field when adding a director?  Or maybe I need to do a Network Reset ???

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.