C4 Forums | Control4

Programmatically enter loop/repeat mode for MP3

cnicholson

Hello all.

I'm playing with a "Sleep" button (with Custom Button agent) that I want to do a number of things.  One of which is to play white noise all night.  I have a one hour white noise MP3 and can get it to play by using the "Select the song 'white noise' in Master Bedroom."    But how do I put it into loop/repeat mode so the white noise plays all night?

I'm not too proud to just create an eight hour long MP3, but I hope there is a more elegant solution.

Thanks 

I assume that you are playing the track from “My Music” and. It as an announcement?

If so, then I am 99% sure that there is a repeat option in the Digital Media driver which will be one line of code.  In addition, you will need to kick off an 8 hour timer and stop the music playing when the timer expires.  

There are various other ways of achieving the same result.

16 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I assume that you are playing the track from “My Music” and. It as an announcement?

If so, then I am 99% sure that there is a repeat option in the Digital Media driver which will be one line of code.

I'm not seeing it, but I'm a newbie so might not be looking in right place.  I am starting the song by sending the "Select Media" command (and then specifying the song/file in the dialog box) to the room I want it to play in.  That part seems to work fine.  And, once playing, I can physically/manually hit the repeat toggle on navigators.  But not seeing a "repeat" option anywhere in Composer.  I also assumed it would be there (and still do).  But can't find. 

I hadn't thought to use the Announcements agent, but I just poked around and I don't see a repeat option there, either.

There should be a driver called “Digital Media” somewhere in your project (probably in the first room in your project or in the room with your rack - but I guess that your dealer could have moved it pretty much anywhere).

In this driver (on the actions - right - side of Composer), you can choose the relevant room (e.g. Bedroom) from a drop down menu and click “Repeat On”.  This then gives you a command line “Set Repeat to ON for room Bedroom”

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.