C4 Forums | Control4

Domosapiens - new Keypad Pages driver

pbir

INTRODUCING OUR NEWEST DRIVER: KEYPAD PAGES 

This driver manages up to 5 ‘Virtual Pages’ (A to E) of keypad buttons for a single keypad, plus an optional Menu page.  This is easily managed by the user, and it allows a lot more power and flexibility in defining the usage of keypad buttons. 

The following functions are available: 

·       Ability to have up to 5 ‘virtual’ pages for each keypad, thus significantly expanding the number of buttons available.

·       An optional Menu page is also available for easier navigation

·       Pages can be selected by the user (navigation) or via Programming and Actions

·       Keypad LEDs are managed automatically based on the Page selected, Color properties and the state of connected devices

·       The keypad may automatically revert to the Menu page or to Page A after a selectable timeout

·       All keypad button actions and ‘clients’ are supported

·       Special normally hidden pages may be activated easily, such as Guests, Party or Support.

·       An Up/Down Tracking facility is available to have the Up and Down buttons track to the last button pressed with optional LED feedback

·       When Tracking, an optional 8th button is available via simultaneously pressing the Up and Down buttons (Domosapiens exclusive)

·       A Special Double Tap facility is available to simplify Single Tap/Double Tap processing

·       Page names may be specified for easier reference in Connections, Programming and Actions

·       An additional passthrough (ALL) Connection is always available, regardless of the Page selected

This driver is available on DriverCentral at Keypad Pages

I’m busy upgrading my buttons at one house to the Contemporary line and this driver has made me re-think a little about how I do things.

I have a big open plan area (with a kitchen, lounge, dining room and TV area all in the same open plan area).  Am I correct in saying that I could have a double gang keypad where the first keypad is, say:

Kitchen

Dining

Lounge

TV Lounge

Reading Nook

All Rooms

And have the second keypad as:

Downlights

Rope Lights

Chandeliers

Floor Lights

Effects

All Off

And have connections on the second keypad which change to those (lights or lighting scenes) in the relevant room based on which room is chosen on the first keypad?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.