C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer failure

Got a dimmer which is not under warranty. LED's are working perfectly, navigators are seeing it going on and off but the light itself is not going on and off. Is there anything I can do except throwing it away?

Several things to try.

1. Power cycle it (i.e. reboot). Pull the air gap switch at the top of the dimmer

or flip the circuit breaker off for a minute.

2. Another way to reboot is to press the top button 15 times.

This is commonly called a 15 tap sequence.

3. Try a factory rest top button 9 times, bottom button 9 times and top button

9 times. This is commonly called a 9,9,9 tap sequence.

The 15 and 9,9,9 work on any dimmer, switch, 2 button, 3 button and 6 button keypad. For the 3 button keypad use the top and bottom buttons. For the 6 button keypad use the top left (button 1) and bottom left (button 3)

Edit. Fixed typo.

Got a dimmer which is not under warranty. LED's are working perfectly' date=' navigators are seeing it going on and off but the light itself is not going on and off. Is there anything I can do except throwing it away?[/quote']

Several things to try.

1. Power cycle it (i.e. reboot). Pull the air gap switch at the top of the dimmer

or flip the circuit breaker off for a minute. This is commonly called a 15 tap sequence.

2. Another way to reboot is to press the top button 15 times.

3. Try a factory rest top button 9 times, bottom button 9 times and top button

9 times. This is commonly called a 9,9,9 tap sequence.

The 15 and 9,9,9 work on any dimmer, switch, 2 button, 3 button and 6 button keypad. For the 3 button keypad use the top and bottom buttons. For the 6 button keypad use the top left (button 1) and bottom left (button 3)

Thank you, thank you ,thank you Alan

Will try it as soon as I get home.

Let us know if one of them works.

How we're you able to edit the topic because I couldn't . Or maybe its my Blackberry that foulling arourd.

But yes I'll let you know if it works.

What?

Sorry my blackberry is pulling tricks on me.

It's not working the reset on the dimmer. Is there anything else I can do?

just a thought, but is it "load connected"? It sounds like what you're seeing would happen if the load connected option wasn't selected, it would work like a 2 way switch and not change/switch the actual load (light). You may need a dealer to verify this.

-Richard

just a thought, but is it "load connected"? It sounds like what you're seeing would happen if the load connected option wasn't selected, it would work like a 2 way switch and not change/switch the actual load (light). You may need a dealer to verify this.

-Richard

How do you do this. I've never seen a select botton or option on a dimmer?

Archived